A&P Certification Program Info
- Two original copies of FAA Form 8610-2 (copies must contain original signatures)
- Click the link above to download and print the FAA Form 8610-2.
- Print your name on FAA Form 8610-2 as it appears on your government-issued, photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport, etc.) Your name on both your identification and FAA Form 8610-2 MUST MATCH EXACTLY.
- Complete the form, listing all of your qualifying experience. For military personnel, visit the following page to see which license your MOS/AFSC qualifies you for: http://www.tblackaviation.com/a&p-process.html
- Make two copies of your completed FAA Form 8610-2 (Do not sign until you meet with an FAA inspector).
- Contact your local FSDO* and set up an appointment to get the two copies of your FAA Form 8610-2 signed by an FAA Inspector: http://www.tblackaviation.com/fsdo-locations.html
- Bring your photo ID and proof of experience to your meeting with the FAA inspector. Samples include: training records, DD Form 214, letters of recommendation, graduation certificate(s), etc.
- When your two copies of FAAForm 8610-2 have been signed by the FAA inspector, enroll for our A&P course in whichever month you prefer to attend: http://www.tblackaviation.com/class-schedule.html
- *Note that this process will differ for applicants outside of the U.S.; FAA International Field Offices can be found on the following page: http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/ifo/ Contact whichever international field office oversees your area.
Our objective is to expand the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of the experienced aviation technician. Individual instructional modules review the fundamentals necessary to properly prepare for a career in aircraft maintenance and repair.
The (A&P) Aviation Mechanic Certification Program provides a basic foundation reviewing the principles, fundamentals, and technical procedures within the required subject matter areas necessary to achieve certification as a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant technician.
Class & Exam Pricing:
Designated Mechanic Examiner Contacts: